Managing partner / Attorney-at-law
Jamshid Agzamkhadjaev, graduate of Westminster International University in Tashkent (bachelor’s degree) and Tashkent State University of Law (master’s degree in International Commercial Law), is qualified attorney at law, and has experience in various areas of intellectual property law, including number of CIS countries. His experience covers leading projects in IP law areas, such as:
- Representing major FMCG manufacturers in local courts of Uzbekistan against counterfeit goods;
- Protecting the interests of pharmaceutical companies on combating illegal import of counterfeit drugs;
- Working with the tax inspectorate on confiscation of counterfeit goods;
- Participating in court proceedings on issues related to invalidation of bad faith registered trademarks;
- Handling cases for trademark cancellation action on the basis of non-use;
- Participation in the hearings of Appeal Board of the Ministry of Justice of Uzbekistan and the Antimonopoly Committee of Uzbekistan on challenging the validity of IP objects.
- Recordal of IP objects with customs register and handling cases in administrative proceedings;
- Consulting and participation in drafting assignment agreements and licence agreements.