Simplified Import Procedures for International Brands in Uzbekistan
Official suppliers engaged in the distribution of goods with international brands based on direct contracts with manufacturers may receive customs benefits in the form of a reduced tariff when importing goods.
The corresponding Regulation "On the procedure for forming and maintaining a register of importers of certain types of goods of international brands on the basis of direct contracts with brand owners or their authorized suppliers (official distributors, dealers, trade representatives of manufacturers and their distributors, licensees)" was approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 99 dated March 9, 2023.
The regulation is aimed at stimulating the import of goods of international brands and creating a more favorable business environment.
Key aspects of the regulation include:
1. Under the control of the Ministry of Investments, Industry and Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan, a register of importers of goods of international brands has been introduced. Importers must provide a number of documents and information, including a contract for the import of goods, a certificate of international recognition of the brand, confirmation of the legal status of the importer, etc. in order to be included in the register.
2. Applications for inclusion in the register will be considered by the authorized body of the Ministry of Investments, Industry and Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan. During the consideration of application, the authorized body will check the submitted files and documents, as well as the compliance of the imported goods with the legislation and standards of the country.
3. Applicants are required to pay a fee for the consideration of their application and for the maintenance of the electronic register. The fee is calculated based on the total value of the import contract, with the application of additional charges for any additional agreements.
4. After being included in the register, importers will receive a Certificate of inclusion in the register, with a validity period of 1 year, and will have the right to a reduction in customs duties when importing goods of international brands. These preferential rates will be applied from the date of inclusion in the register, provided that the imported goods correspond to the information and requirements specified in the import contract and registry certificate.
5. Importers are responsible for the accuracy of the documents and information provided. All submitted documents and information will be stored in the archive for at least five years. In case of disputes, importers have the right to file a complaint in accordance with the legislation.